RECIPE: Honey Ginger Apple Pulled Pork
Easy is the name of the game on this recipe, Juli Bauer know’s how to make good food easy and full of flavor. Throw it all in the crock pot before work and come home to an amazing meal. This recipe is great for fall with apples and is a unique way to cook pork. I use ground ginger when I don’t have fresh around for this one. Most of this you probably keep around outside of the pork shoulder itself. Onions, apples, broth, and seasonings are staples we usually have making this an easy go to when I see pork roasts are on sale!
From: PaleOMG, Juli Bauer
- 2lb pork shoulder roast (or any other roast you prefer)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- ⅔ cup beef or chicken broth OR water
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- Pull out your crockpot
- Add your broth or water, then onions, then pork, then apples then all your honey/spices/garlic clove/and bay leaf.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 6-8 hours on high.
- Use tongs or a fork to shred your pork. Consume. Warning: food may be hot.