RECIPE: Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby Pancake
Looking for something delicious for a holiday morning. This dutch baby pancake is amazing, easy to make, and the leftovers aren’t bad either. We will be making this Christmas morning at the LosyBoys house! We typically have all these ingredients sitting around, we love apples! This one is a little heavy on the sugar, so be sure to save this one for a special breakfast!
Author: Leigh Anne Wilkes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 medium size Gala apples, sliced thinly
- ¾ C flour
- ¾ C milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ C sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place butter into a 12" cast iron frying pan and place in the oven to melt butter.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk and eggs.
- Place the sliced apples into the bottom of the pan on top of the melted butter. Pour egg mixture over apples.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the egg mixture evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.